Sunday, January 10, 2016

All About Me!

Hello Everyone! 

Let me start this blog off by giving you a proper introduction to who I am and why I have started this blog.

 My name is Nicole Moretti and this is my fourth year studying at Brock University. I am majoring in Child and Youth Studies with a minor in English. Once I have completed this final year, I am looking into going to teachers college and pursuing my dream of becoming a teacher! If you have not guessed yet, I love working and spending time with children. This is probably due to the fact that I have a large family with many younger cousins, which I often had to babysit for.

I was originally born in St. Catharines, but moved away at a young age. I ended up choosing Brock University to go to school because the program is excellent and my family still lives down here. I also volunteer in classrooms both in St. Catharines and my hometown, yet I work with different age groups. As I am looking to be a primary/junior teacher, I need experience with both age groups, yet I have not decided which group I prefer because they are both great in different ways. In Newmarket, I volunteer in a Grade 4/5 split class, which can be very rewarding because the children can better understand what is being taught. They are also much more vocal, which is both a good and bad thing. It is great because they let you know when they do or do not comprehend a lesson, yet they are at the age where I find that they can act out more.

In St. Catharines, I volunteer with a Junior Kindergarden and Senior Kindergarden split class. These days are long and tiring because the children do not have a set plan and have so much energy. However, the children are very appreciative and affectionate, which is rewarding in and of itself. I also find that helping teach children how to count, spell their names, and learn their alphabet is incredibly satisfying because these are basic foundations of education that they will be using for the rest of their lives. Plus, seeing children spell their names on their own for the first time (sometimes with backwards letters), makes me feel proud.

If you really want to get to know me, it is important that you know that I am a really big family and friends person, but I can be very shy in new settings. I also used to play both soccer and basketball and love watching baseball (even before they were cool). I am a huge dog lover, but I also love most animals in nature, which I continue to learn about through Animal Planet and various documentaries. I love food, especially desserts, and I am always down for movies. I also quite enjoy writing, which is ideal, as this blog is an educational blog for my ADED 1P32 class.

I hope you will enjoy reading this as much as I will enjoy writing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment